Saturday, February 17, 2007

Hobart in the summers.

Summer season is here, it is hot, it is humid and at nights it is cold though every now and then it is muggy.

I generally do not like summers that much even during my days in USA I preferred those cool days of spring and the balmy autumn weather far more than summers. But my favourite season has always been winter.

Summers I have never liked, you may say that I should be used to it since I hail from Malaysia. Yes that is true, but in cooler climates your homes as well as buildings generally do not have any air conditioning and the buildings tend to be better suited for the hot climate. In cold countries homes tend to be built in such a way that the heat needs to be retained.

My bedroom as it faces west tend to get the hot evening sun. I really DO need an aircond but that is out of the question.

Today however it is a bit rainy, which is good. Water restriction has set in already.

Weekend off is such a luxury.

So whats been new lately?

Well not a whole lot, still working like crazy.

I finally got myself a car, it is a 1976 Alfa Romeo Alfetta. It was a cheap deal that I couldn't resist only AU$400 and it still had 7 months rego left on it. Rust is definitely a problem with this car, it will need new floor boards soon. I will just drive this thing till it drops and well I must say I have driven nearly everywhere with this car already :D

Virtually all of southern Tasmania I have been to already.

I always wanted an Alfa, and finally I have one. The sound of that dual cam engine roaring away each time you floor it is just unbelievable. Now if only it had an airconditioner. The starter motor is on it's way out, there are a few things that I need doing to this car as it is a tired one having covered nearly 350k km already. Amazingly it still can do 110km/h or so and stop within reasonable distance. Fuel economy is not this car's strong point though.


Yesterday had a few too many to drink. Was at Isobar till the wee hours of the morning and then a stop at Mykonos for a late snack. Gosh it was rough.

Now that the internet is connected and it is good too.

Been downloading Prison Break Season 2 and thats the series I been keeping up with.

Headed out to the market now, as it is Saturday and it is time to go see the Salamanca Market and see how is it like in the summers. Plus could do with a meal as well.

No comments: